“Why try to explain miracles to your children when you can have them just plant a garden.” ~ Robert Brault
In many geographical areas seed catalogs are appearing in mailboxes. Valuable life lessons can be shared if you leaf through the pages with your children. Topics such as these will very naturally present themselves when you talk with youngsters about the process of gardening and sowing seeds together:
- Loving and nurturing promotes growth.
- Sharing fruits of the vine with others.
- Planting seeds is a sign of hope and promise.
- God’s green earth and how to protect it.
- Encroachment of boundaries.
- Removing weeds so good things can survive.
- Failure sometimes happens.
Parenting the Whole-Hearted Child is just one of many books available to help mom and dads begin meaningful discussions with kids. Here is a short article that will also help parents begin to sow five faith seeds their children.
Check it out! It’s never too early to plant some seeds in your house with your family!